One of the most exciting features of the Nintendo 3DS – a feature that was only announced a couple of months ago – is the unit’s new ability to create 3D movies using its two rear-facing, in-built cameras. The console will receive an update at the end of November to enable the feature, but the update also includes a few other small refinements too. More info below, direct from the horse’s mouth…
Nintendo 3DS owners will soon be able to capture 3D video, play new puzzles in the StreetPass Mii Plaza and download a range of new Nintendo 3DS games and other engaging content from the likes of Red Bull, Eurosport and Aardman Animations.
The Nintendo 3DS System Update at the end of November gives Nintendo 3DS owners access to a range of new features and enhancements. These include 3D video capture, which will let users record up to 10 minutes of 3D video and enable people to create their own 3D stop-motion animation videos. The update will also add new puzzles to Puzzle Swap in StreetPass Mii Plaza and a new dungeon to StreetPass Quest. Other features will be announced in the future.
Laurent Fischer, managing director, marketing & PR at Nintendo of Europe, said:
“We are always striving to bring fun new experiences to our fans and these new features and functions for Nintendo 3DS do just that. We are also looking forward to the launch of some great titles over the next couple of months, such as Super Mario3D Land on 18th November and Mario Kart 7 and Super Pokémon Rumble both on 2nd December.”
The SpotPass feature on Nintendo 3DS allows you to automatically receive a host of content directly to your Nintendo 3DS such as 3D videos for Nintendo Video, notifications, extra content for your software and system updates without lifting a finger. You will soon be able to download a series of unique 3D video clips from Red Bull and a range of fun and engaging WATTS sports videos from Eurosport also in stunning 3D on your Nintendo 3DS. Early next year will also see the launch of hilarious and exclusive 3D Shaun the Sheep short films from Aardman – the creators of Wallace and Gromit.
In addition to the Nintendo 3DS System Update and the array of 3D content coming to you via SpotPass, Nintendo is also adding new Nintendo 3DS titles to the Nintendo eShop.
Games Coming to Nintendo eShop:
· Freakyforms: Your Creations, Alive! lets your imagination run wild. Create your own “formees” from the ground up and set out to explore a planet filled with wondrous discoveries. During your adventure you unlock dozens of new body parts for your creations and even gain the ability to redesign the world around you. Share your favourite formees with others through StreetPass and QR codes. Available from 10th November 2011 for €6.
· 3D Classics Kirby’s Adventure: one of the NES’ greatest treasures returns as part of the 3D Classics series. Be there when Dream Land awakes for the first time in stunning 3D. Available 17th November 2011.
· Pullblox is a unique blend of puzzle and platforming elements, where you pull and push blocks and climb up them to reach to the goal. This game challenges your wits and skill in more than 250 included levels. You can also design and share your own puzzles. Available December 2011.
· Nintendo Letter Box enables you to exchange messages with your friends via StreetPass and SpotPass. You can even add your own 3D Photos and voice recordings to the messages. Available December 2011 for free.
· Dillon’s Rolling Western features a cowboy armadillo literally rolling over his enemies. Action and strategy come together in a wild west epos unlike any you have seen before. Available in Q1 2012.
This system update will be available to download from late November 2011.
Watch the Super Mario 3D Land trailer below: