The much discussed, much anticipated Xbox 360 port of one of our favourite games of last year finally had its release date set in stone yesterday; The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings is due to hit the Xbox 360 on the 17th of April, and the Enhanced Edition of the game is now available for pre-order at zavvi.com. Here’s what’s in it:
- Game DVDs – The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings game on 2 DVDs
- OST CD – Audio-CD with in-game music.
- World Map – A map of the game’s world.
- Quest Handbook – The Witcher 2 quest handbook for both novice and experienced role-playing fans.
- Game Manual – A rulebook and interface explanation to help you get started.
And even if you’ve already played the PC version, the experience has been overhauled significantly during its journey to the Xbox 360:
- Compared to the initial award winning PC release, the Xbox 360 edition will feature lots of new and exciting content.
- Additional hours of gameplay for the Xbox 360: New major adventures set in previously unseen locations, expanding the story and introducing new characters, mysteries and monsters.
- New Game Introduction and cinematics: All new animations and cut scenes, including a new, three and a half minute pre-rendered cinematic depicting the assassination of King Demavend of Aedirn. BAFTA Award winner and Academy Award nominee Tomasz Baginski brings this key historical event to life, setting the stage for the story told in The Witcher 2.
- Upgraded interface, designed specifically for the Xbox 360: Game camera and targeting have been redesigned for the Xbox, and with upgraded pad controls, players will now be able to experience fully The Witcher 2’s spectacular and thrilling combat.
In addition to all that, when you pre-order your copy of the game at zavvi.com, you’ll also receive an exclusive free DLC pack featuring three Witcher 2 avatar characters.
Thanks to the new, ultra-modern REDengine, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings features both beautiful graphics and sophisticated in-game mechanics, drawing players into the most lively and believable world ever created in a video game. A completely immersive visual experience, The Witcher 2 on Xbox 360 is arguably the best-looking RPG ever to come to consoles.
Defining new standards for realistic, non-linear game narration, The Witcher 2 spins a mature, thought-provoking tale to produce one of the most complex and unique RPGs ever released on consoles. In addition to its epic story, the game features a complex combat system that uniquely combines dynamic action and tactical depth.
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition is currently due for release on the Xbox 360 on Tuesday, April 17th 2012.
Watch the Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings console announcement trailer below: