EA SPORTS celebrates the single largest sporting event on the planet with the only official and exclusively licensed videogame for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa.
Experience all the emotion and passion of the world’s fiercest national rivalries as you live the dream of competing against fans from around the world for the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Take on the challenge of leading your home nation from qualification right through to a virtual re-creation of the FIFA World Cup Final and feel what it is like to score the goal that lifts a nation.
For the first time ever, play out the 2010 FIFA World Cup in a full and authentic online tournament mode. Carry the hopes and dreams of your favourite nation into battle against fans from rival countries. Compete under the same conditions your real-world heroes will face in South Africa, from the group stage through the knockout rounds to the chance to be crowned 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa champion. For fans of nations that failed to qualify for South Africa this is the chance to replay and re-write history. Plus, earn individual and team points to prove your nation is the best in Battle of the Nations.
Spectacularly presented in true-to-life detail, EA SPORTS 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa features all 199 national teams that took part in qualification, all 10 officially licensed stadiums to be used in South Africa and stadiums from each qualifying region. Everything fans love about the World Cup comes to life in stunning detail, including confetti cannons, streamers, & fireworks—just like the official tournament. Plus, supporters who follow their heroes to South Africa will be in the stands waving their country’s flag, holding giant banners and cheering in their native language.
EA SPORTS 2010 FIFA World Cup features a more sophisticated, faster-paced and responsive version of the market-leading EA SPORTS football engine that drives the award-winning FIFA 10—the highest rated sports game on this console generation. Gameplay innovations capture the journey from qualification to the final tournament with home and away strategies for every nation, situational tactics in-game, and altitude affects that fatigue players faster and even impact the flight of the ball.
Additional features will be revealed leading up to the game’s retail launch.
• Win the 2010 FIFA World Cup — Compete as one of 199 teams from qualification right through to a virtual reproduction of the 2010 FIFA World Cup Final. Play in any of the 10 official stadiums that come to life with the pageantry and festivity of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
• 2010 FIFA World Cup Online — The first-ever full and authentic 2010 FIFA World Cup online tournament. Compete as your favourite country against rivals in the group stage through the knockout rounds to be crowned 2010 FIFA World Cup champion. Navigate the Globe to locate top countries and opponents among all 199 participating nations.
• Spectacular Presentation: 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa comes to life in spectacular fashion with all the emotion and pageantry of the official tournament, including all 10 official licensed stadiums. Experience confetti cannons, streamers, giant banners, seat cards, flags and fireworks as if you were in South Africa.
• Battle of the Nations — Represent your country in the 2010 FIFA World Cup online tournament against your rivals to win global supremacy. Earn individual and team points and prove your nation is the best. Every performance is rated, recorded and uploaded and your ratings all count towards player and nation leaderboards.
• Home & Away Tactics— CPU mimics international football by creating strategic, defensive formations for weaker teams playing away from home. Plus, weaker teams raise their level of play on their home pitch.
• Altitude Effects — Less air resistance at altitude means the ball travels faster and further. Plus, player will noticeably fatigue faster and their stamina challenged while playing in cities at higher elevations versus sea level.
• Authentic Stadiums — Compete in all 10 official stadiums of 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa.
Please check the stock availability notice on your item when placing your order. This item is: In stock | Usually dispatched within 24 hours
Please remember to add postal time (2-3 working days) to obtain a complete estimate of delivery to your door.
You will receive an email to confirm when your item has been sent.
You can also check the status of your order and individual items by accessing My Account details and following the prompts.
Please allow 10 working days from dispatch of your order before notifying us of any late deliveries.
It may be advisable to check with your neighbours to see if a parcel has been left with them, check any outhouses you might have where it may be left if it cannot fit through your letterbox and contact your local sorting office to see if the item has been returned to the depot as undelivered and awaiting collection.
Please see our returns policy.
If you are a FIFA 2010 fan, you must buy this "upgrade". The game is not perfect (as all Fifa's, when they come out)but I have to say that the engine is the same as FIFA 2010 but with improvements already. Sounds like a presentation of the new 2011 version. But my favorite option on this game is the world cup challenge on-line (where you can be champion of the world playing with other real players on-line) or the head to head matchs, where you can improve and go on higher leagues... it is September and there are more than 3000 users per day playing this game on-line... a must buy
Its amazing how much FIFA game has grown. The technology has grown alot over the years. Fifa world cup South Africa is definately a must have game for those who love their soccer. I found the game play excellent, it is not too fast like Pro Evo Soccer 2010. The graphic is amazing. With the crowd animation and also couches on the sideline and the players face. You even got the vuvuzelas!!!! (Although I turned that off) Personally I found this to be a great game if you want to experience the world cup tournament. Otherwise FIFA 2010 is equally as good.
There is nothing to say.. Oh maybe that this game is just perfect. Look have you ever play a game with the same number of team? I don't think so...But Fifa2010 is here don't forget. if you wanna buy a game take this one it's the best game i ever played. For me it'll be 5/5 Perfect Walid
The world cup game is a must buy fo any fan of the fifa series it is a great improvement on Fifa 10. Yet introduction on managers on the sidelines is a great thing, i would like to see more personalised manager actions in fifa 11. The reintroduction of the challenge scheme is a good one. I just can not fault ea on this online works fine, with a good set of trophies, new 2 button control for beginers and a new penalty system, this game is a must buy, fully desrving of 5/5. One last thing with 199 countries the game is not just an add on to fifa 10, its a good game in its own right. BRILLANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)