Debuting at number 100 in the listings 7 weeks ago, Just Dance has since climbed it’s way to the top thanks to a 114% boost in sales, taking it’s rankings from 12th to 7th to 3rd over the last few weeks. This marks an impressive journey to victory for the casual game and gives creator Ubisoft their first number one since Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 in March 2008.
Here is the ELSPA GfK-ChartTrack All Formats Top 10 – week ending January 16th 2010:
1. Just Dance / Ubisoft
2. Wii Fit Plus / Nintendo
3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 / Activision
4. Army of Two: The 40th Day / EA
5. Wii Sports Resort / Nintendo
6. Darksiders / THQ
7. Bayonetta / Sega
8. FIFA 10 / EA
9. James Cameron’s Avatar: The Game / Ubisoft
10. Assassin’s Creed II / Ubisoft
What’s your opinion on the unpredicted success of Just Dance? We’d love to hear what you think!