Microsoft were the first out of the gate at this year’s E3 expo, and we’ve whittled down the company’s two hour-long presentation into a few cherry-picked facts…
1. The company are taking Kinect every bit as seriously as they’ve always suggested that they would, and revealed titles such as Kinect Disneyland Adventures, Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster, Kinect Sports: Season 2 and Dance Central 2. But the hardcore were given plenty of Kinect fat to chew on too, including Ryse (a new title from Crysis 2 maestros Crytek) a new Fable game called Fable: The Journey, and at long, long last… a Star Wars Kinect title has finally been confirmed.
2. In addition to those hardcore treats, a small series of multi-format titles are also set to utilise Kinect, although it isn’t yet clear to what degree. These titles include Tiger Woods 12, Madden NFL 12, FIFA 12, Mass Effect 3 and Tom Clancy Future Soldier.
3. The modern day phenomenon that is the PC smash Minecraft is finally coming to the Xbox 360, and will also be compatible with Kinect. Again though, it isn’t clear exactly to what degree.
4. Halo 4 is coming. In late 2012.
5. Forza Motorsport 3 and Gear of War 3 are both looking staggering, and are both due for release in Q4 of this year.
6. The HD remake of the original Halo – or Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary to give it its full title – has had its release date confirmed as November 15th 2011, four days and ten years after the original debuted in the US.
Watch the official E3 Halo 4 trailer here: