Nintendo’s Wii U is an HD console that offers more choice and variety of gameplay than ever before, with brand new gaming experiences enabled by the innovative Wii U GamePad controller, whether playing alone or together with friends. The Wii U GamePad offers an integrated second screen and can also be used independently of the TV set with certain software. Nintendo will be touring the country with its revolutionary new home console, giving thousands of people the chance to experience gaming like no other ahead of the console’s launch on the 30th November. Kicking off in London on the 27th September, the Wii U showcase tour will visit a range of shopping centres, gaming expos and events across the UK.
The tour is the perfect place to get hands-on with some of the pre-release Wii U titles and experience first-hand how the new Wii U GamePad controller with 6.2-inch touch screen affects both single and multiplayer games. Visitors will get a real feel for what the Wii U has to offer this Christmas with world famous Nintendo franchises like Mario and brand new Wii U exclusives including Nintendo Land and Ubisoft’s ZombiU available to trial.
As an extra treat, Nintendo favourites Mario and Luigi will be on hand to welcome Nintendo fans on the day, plus there will be a whole host of Wii U challenges to complete and fantastic prizes to be won!
There’ll also be a chance to sample upcoming Nintendo 3DS XL titles before they launch, including the latest Pokémon and Mario adventures. The new Nintendo 3DS XL features a 90% bigger screen offering an even more immersive entertainment experience for all the family.
The tour will visit the following events and venues:
- Eurogamer Expo, London: 27th – 30th September
- Braehead shopping centre, Glasgow: 11th – 14th October
- Play Expo, Manchester: 13th – 14th
- Westfield, Derby: 18th – 21st October
- MCM Expo, London: 26th – 28th October
- Highcross Shopping Centre, Leicester: 1st – 4th November
- The Bullring, Birmingham: 8th – 11th November
- Westfield Stratford City, London: 15th – 18th November
- Metro Centre, Newcastle: 22nd – 25th November
- Gadget Show Christmas, London: 30th November – 2nd December
- Westfield, London: 6th – 9th December
- Centre: MK, Milton Keynes: 13th – 16th December
- Arndale centre, Manchester: 3rd – 6th January
Watch yesterday’s Wii U Nintendo Direct presentation below: