Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance is due to hit the Nintendo 3DS on the weekend of Friday 20th July, and an official trailer for the game is embedded at the bottom of this page. If you’ve never played one before, the Kingdom Hearts games are action RPGs that feature environments and characters from famous Walt Disney movies. Dream Drop Distance features appearances from Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy, and theworlds are based on environments seen in Pinocchio, Fantasia and Tron: Legacy to name just three.
King Mickey and Yen Sid prepare for an impending threat by putting Sora and Riku through the Mark of Mastery exam. Sora and Riku are sent into the Sleeping Worlds, where they will face enemies and allies that have never been seen before. If they can successfully complete the task they are given, they will be deemed true Keyblade Masters.
- Dual protagonists – Play as the two most popular characters of the franchise, Sora and Riku.
- Free-flow action – Enjoy fast and effortless movements while interacting with the environment and performing acrobatic attacks.
- Brand-new creatures – Dream Eaters inhabit the Sleeping Worlds, and are split into two categories: Spirits and Nightmares. Recruit over 50 different types of Spirits as allies to fight alongside Sora and Riku.
- Story progression – With updated looks for Sora and Riku, and the impending conflict made clear, this title is a big step forward in the series.
- New Disney worlds – Beloved Disney worlds and characters, such as La Cité des Cloches (The Hunchback of Notre Dame), make their series debut.
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance is currently due for release on the Nintendo 3DS on Friday, July 20th 2012.
Watch the trailer for Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance below: