Xbox One was designed to be the centrepiece of every living room with modern hardware, it features the all-new Kinect, the new Xbox One Wireless Controller, a 500GB hard drive, an eight-core, x86 processor, wireless networking connectivity, HDMI, three super-speed USB 3.0 ports, and a high-speed Blu-ray disc player. Features include:
- Xbox One console. Designed with the 21st century living room in mind, the Xbox One console has a premium design with a gloss black finish, horizontal orientation and a slot-loading Blu-ray disc player.
- Updated wireless controller. Enhanced with more than 40 technical and design innovations, the new impulse triggers offer precise haptic fingertip feedback and a newly engineered D-pad delivers greater responsiveness and control.***
- Redesigned Kinect. Includes a 1080p, HD camera for high quality video capture. All-new, active-infrared capabilities increase precision, working in nearly any lighting condition and expanding field of view to accommodate a greater variety of room sizes. Microsoft proprietary Time-of-Flight technology measures the time it takes individual photons to rebound off you to create unprecedented accuracy and precision. The new noise-isolating multimicrophone array filters ambient sounds to recognize natural speaking voices even in crowded rooms.
Gaming on Xbox One
Gaming on Xbox One immerses you in bigger, more cinematic worlds that look and feel more lifelike, with more believable characters and richer stories. Game worlds come alive through the unlimited processing power of Xbox One and the cloud. Features include:
- Smart Match. Estimates wait times for multiplayer gaming and lets you enjoy other Xbox One activities including live TV, Skype or sports experiences while waiting for a new game to begin. On Xbox One, your Xbox Live reputation fundamentally matters and helps find the best match based on skill, game style and language for a deeper online multiplayer gaming challenge.
- Expanded achievements. Allows new achievements powered by the cloud and offers more ways to earn, frequent updates and the ability to share wins with friends. An expanded achievements system captures gameplay videos, continues to grow achievements over time, and Gamerscores carry over from Xbox 360.
- Living Games.*** Leverages the power of the cloud, games can evolve and learn from actual players - play against your friends' shadow. Dynamic, living worlds evolve and improve the more you play; games stay in sync with what's happening today. Real-world events can be instantly added to games, the latest stats can be automatically added to sports titles.
- Game DVR. Captures and saves in-game highlights and epic moments to the cloud. Use editing and sharing tools to post game footage to your Xbox Live profile and social networks.
The new generation of Xbox Live is redesigned to harness virtually unlimited power to connect, save and store profiles, games and entertainment so they can be accessed anytime on any Xbox One console. Connecting to Xbox Live makes accessing content effortless by installing games in segments, playback starts quickly and updates happen in the background. Features include:
- Xbox SmartGlass.*** Turn smartphones or tablets into second screens that intelligently interact with Xbox One and serve extended experiences for games, TV shows, movies, music, sports and apps. Navigate with touchscreens, pause or rewind a movie, or swipe, pinch and tap to surf the Web on the TV using more devices than ever before.
- Multiplayer gaming. Enjoy a smart, quick and intuitive gaming experience in which multiplayer gaming has been enhanced to support playing with friends with no waiting in lobbies, and matchmaking features such as Smart Match and reputation let you architect your personal, favorite matches.
- Apps. Discover and download a variety of Xbox One apps using simple voice searches.* Pin favorites to the dashboard and jump in and out of apps instantly, or Snap them side by side to do two things at once.
- Web for the TV. Explore the Web with Internet Explorer for Xbox One. Use Kinect and voice commands to browse your favorite sites with ease.* Use Xbox SmartGlass to control your experiences with a swipe of your finger and send websites from tablets and smartphones to the biggest screen in the house.
- Xbox Live Gold. Existing Xbox Live Gold Membership for Xbox 360 will seamlessly carry over to Xbox One, becoming more valuable than ever.****
* Kinect voice functionality only available in supported locales and languages; anticipating global scale over time.
** Xbox One system software uses a significant amount of storage; less internal storage will be available to users. 500 GB = 500 billion bytes.
*** In supported games.
**** Subject to content geographical restrictions.
Q: Does Xbox One require an "always on" Internet connection?
A: The Xbox One requires Internet connection but doesn't always need to be connected continuously. It's always connected to the cloud, if you lose connection then you'll still be able to play games and watch Blu-ray films.
Q: How do consumers benefit by being connected to the cloud?
A: The cloud enables more game power for enhanced gameplay experience. Thanks to the cloud, all downloads and updates will be automatic, whilst all games will be saved in the cloud allowing access from any Xbox One. Playing multiplayer with friends, streaming films and TV will be one of many great social features to enjoy. The Xbox One display can be customised for a more personalised view. Connect with your friends: watch and share activity online.
Q: When will Xbox One launch and in what markets?
A: The launch of the forward thinking and design led Xbox One is later this year.
Q: Can I use my current gamertag on Xbox One and will my Gamerscore and Achievements transfer?
A: Yes. The Gamertag and Gamerscore will be transferred over from your Xbox Live and Xbox 360 to Xbox One.
Q: Will Xbox One be backward compatible with my existing games?
A: Xbox 360 games aren't compatible with the Xbox One hardware. A new generation of games and apps have been designed to play on the Xbox One, taking full advantage of its modern processors and power.
Q: Will Xbox One allow players to trade in, purchase and play pre-owned games?
A: Players will be able to trade in and resell games, more information to follow.
Q: Will my current Xbox Live Gold membership work with Xbox One or will I have to buy a new one?
A: Your existing Xbox Live Gold membership will work on both the Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
Q: Why require Kinect with every Xbox One?
A: The new build incorporates the Kinect with the Xbox One to provide enhanced experiences, interaction and simplicity of operation.
Q: Do I need to have a specific cable or satellite TV provider to watch live TV on Xbox?
A: Watching live TV on the Xbox is available through: the Internet, television service providers or HDMI. The technology to provide live TV is ongoing and developing.
Q: Xbox One is a more powerful product compared to Xbox 360, but does it also use more power?
A: Although the Xbox One is more powerful than the Xbox 360, it doesn't use more power. The design of the Xbox One means that it only uses the power it requires for any task.
Please remember to add postal time (2-3 working days) to obtain a complete estimate of delivery to your door.
You will receive an email to confirm when your item has been sent.
You can also check the status of your order and individual items by accessing My Account details and following the prompts.
Please allow 10 working days from dispatch of your order before notifying us of any late deliveries.
It may be advisable to check with your neighbours to see if a parcel has been left with them, check any outhouses you might have where it may be left if it cannot fit through your letterbox and contact your local sorting office to see if the item has been returned to the depot as undelivered and awaiting collection.
Please see our returns policy.
Where reviews refer to foods or cosmetic products, results may vary from person to person. Customer reviews are independent and do not represent the views of The Hut Group.
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £100 voucher.
performs perfectly well as expected. my only reservations are a lack of TV support in the UK and some inconsistent UI issues. I'm sure these will be corrected with updates in time.
Brilliant next gen console! The console although not the nicest aesthetically is a far superior machine to the 360, the control is greatly improved both on the bumpers, triggers and the weight of the control. The Kinect is brilliant and the voice control I dare to see is now perfect, I have had no issues with motion control or voice recognition. The game selection is limited, but the launch exclusives are much better than the ps4's (currently). Also the idea of the xbox as the multimedia centre of the house is another big winner, even I have both of the new consoles, and they both have their merits, but as it stands at the minute the Kinect wins the war of the consoles for me. Also because I ordered the console so early before the price's were officially released I picked up the day one edition and Fifa 14 for £399.99!!! My advice is you've always been an xbox person...stick with the xbox!
Brilliant machine showing definite progress from 360. Only slight issue is the altered party chat system on xbox live old system was much simpler and more efficient.
The xbox one console is a fair bit larger than its predecessor ! It is easy to set up and I must say gameplay looks great, features are improved and so far no problems, all good. The only thing I am struggling with is downloading extra content as it keeps being blocked and sorting out the settings between the xbox 360, xbox one and xbox.com is proving difficult so I haven't managed to solve this yet. My only disappointment and hence the 4 stars instead of 5 is that the blu-Ray player does not have 3D capabilities, I would have expected that to be present as the PS3 has had blu-Ray for a long time now. Microsoft are merely playing catch up, they need to steam ahead to win the console war.
I think it’s fair to say that as I get older I no-longer get as excited as I once did when a new console is launched (although I still booked the day off work and monitored the delivery status!). I remember being blown away when I bought the original Xbox and playing Halo for the first time. The detail was amazing whether this was looking down at single blades of grass or the flowing water effects. However, with the latest round of consoles I cannot help but feel a little underwhelmed as I sit there playing COD Ghost or FIFA(well I try to play FIFA, but EA never seem to resolve the online match making bugs and dodgy servers)! Surely we have evolved beyond this as PC’s were graphically better than this 2 or 3 years ago. I accept that as developers squeeze more and more out of the console, then games and visuals will improve, but I still feel that it could be better from the off! Other than that the console is packed full of features which makes this a complete entertainment system, even if it has been modelled on a video player from 1986! Hurry up Titan Fall!
Recieved the Xbox One on release date, excellent console the voice commands are great, graphics are brill and the console is so quiet. Great investment into my house of 3 Xbox mad boys!
Pre ordered this and zavvi delivered with excellent service. On to the console itself,been really excited about this for ages and it is top class,solid well built even the kinetic sensor has good weight to it. Menus on the home screen take a bit of getting used to ,and you do feel a bit silly talking to the tv but the commands work very well but I keep forgetting the right phrases,good range of games to get me started so next gen console is now today,looking forward to years of excellent gaming,Microsoft have delivered......cheers.joe
Xbox One is a great media centre for your lounge provided you are willing to pay for new content. Games on the other hand are slightly better than Xbox 360 so I would not recommend it if gaming is your goal. Best features: Kinect Watch TV and remote control function . Media apps like Netflix Bad: Sometimes the Kinect gets a bit stuck with options but the voice recognition mostly works perfectly. Games are not great but they may be better next year.
The console's looks. although fairly retro,(almost video 'playeresque') do grow on you. I actually do quite like the look of it now! The voice activation along with the ability to switch instantly between functions such as TV to game or blu ray is a novelty but not ground breaking or particularly reliable. The controller is a step up from the old 360, I especially like the vibrating triggers! The games on release are fairly mundane, I was disappointed that watch dogs did not get released on day one. I bought 3 games alongside the machine and I would put them in this order of preference. Forza5 . Ryse FIFA . I can see the console really coming into its own over the next year or so , I like the fact that Microsoft cannot afford to let the quality of future titles slip due to the fact that the ps4 looks to be ahead of the game technically! Watch this space. ....
Awesome console, next gen gaming at its finest. Only downside is in the world of new consoles it always rains to show off the new stylish effects. Even when its raining its brilliant :)
Best console yet by Microsoft.Highly recommend
Although there are news articles saying that Microsoft removed DRM, however this is not the case. So therefore you can NOT play Xbox 360 games on this console, nor is there reduced rate if you already bought the 360 versions of games. Also as I can not get satellite or cable in my area I used the Sky app alot on the 360, so I could still watch Sky via streaming it. On the Xbox One the Sky app has been removed as there is now a HDMI in port to connect a Sky receiver to, so now I can not watch satellite anymore on Xbox. Having said that, what the Xbox One does.... it does very well
Love my Xbox One, well built, fast and has some excellent little features. If your looking for an all in one entertainment system with excellent games this is for you
great console no more need to be said
Great bit of tech well worth the wait swapping between games and tv seamlessly.
Pro's: Improved graphics over last generation, a little inferior to PS4 but can't be noticed on my TV Good quality games such as Assassins Creed 4 and Forza 5 Kinect voice commands work well 90% of the time Apps such as Netflix and Blu Ray support for media Controller feels good, rumble triggers are great when used in games like Forza Snap instantly between apps, including games if digital, be warned switching between games loses saves though Fast boot up time Con's: Game install times can be long, and have to be installed, expect ten minutes Party chat doesn't work like it use to, big letdown UI is pretty but lacks major functions like seeing available hard drive space Digital downloads of games are more expensive than physical copies Big patches for games, if you don't have unlimited internet this could be an issue
The Xbox one is a great piece of hardware but there aren't enough good games to justify trading up from the xbox 360 just yet. I have FIFA 14, COD ghosts and battlefield 4. Whilst the graphics are superior and gameplay smooth, they are good enough on the 360. So if your deciding whether or not this is a must this side of xmas, my opinion is wait until there are better games available for it.
This is a review on the xbox one console that i purchased from zavvi. I pre-ordered the day one edition console and recieved it day of launch release, I am very happy with my console and would advise any one to purchase this excellent console from microsoft. It's the best out there! with hi spec graphics, excellent online gaming and lots more to do. Games that i own are fifa 14, call of duty ghosts, dead rising 3, forza 5 & ryse son of rome game. dead rising 3, ryse son of rome & forza 5 are must have games! hope my review has helped certain people out, cheers, Rob.
Ok. So after all the hype, it has landed and I must say, after initial set up gremlins all is well in my Xbox One land. The new 2.0 kinetic is very impressive, shouting orders to squad mates or just controlling your xbox by voice is really impressive. Over all I am very impressed with the Xbox, we just now need better TV integration to go with all the smart apps.
Love the xbox one. Its the most futuristic tech i have ever owned. Love the voice controls. The launch line up of games is also really good.