1. By entering this Visa promotion with Zavvi.com (the “Promotion”), you agree to be
bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) for the Visa Checkout
and Zavvi.com FIFA World Cup 2018 Promotion.
2. The Promotion is open to legal residents in the United Kingdom excluding Northern
Ireland (“UK”) who are 18 years or over. Employees and their immediate families
(parents, spouse, partner, children, siblings, grandparents and grandchildren) of Visa or
Zavvi.com, and anyone (including the Promoter’s agents and suppliers) professionally
connected with this Promotion are not eligible to enter.
3. The Promotion starts at 08:00 am on March 19th 2018 (the “Start Date”) and ends at
23:59 pm on 29th April 2018 (the “Closing Date”).
4. Entrants must have registered for a Visa Checkout account at the time of entry (a “Visa
Checkout account”) and will need to make a payment on Zavvi.com, using Visa Checkout
during the Promotional Period.
5. The Visa Checkout payment and entry must be made during the period between the
Start Date and the Closing Date (the “Promotional Period”).
6. To enter the Promotion, entrants must make a valid Visa Checkout payment for any
product on Zavvi.com during the Promotional Period and complete the entry method
detailed below in Clause 10.
7. For a valid Visa Checkout payment to be made, an entrant must enrol in Visa Checkout
and use Visa Checkout to make the payment for any product via Zavvi.com during the
Promotional Period (“Visa Checkout Payment”). Each Visa Checkout Payment may only
be used once in respect of entry to this Promotion.
8. There is no limit to the number of times an entrant can enter the Promotion during the
Promotional Period, but each entry must have a separate Visa Checkout Payment on
Zavvi.com during the Promotional Period.
9. All entries must be made by the person entering the Promotion. Anyone trying to
circumvent this rule by using alternative details will be disqualified from this Promotion.
Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it
becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition
by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that
person’s entries will be disqualified and any Prize award will be void. Syndicated entries
or those made using methods such as a computer macro, script or the use of automated
devices or processes are not allowed and all such entries will be disqualified and any
Prize won will be null and void. In the event that the Promotion is subject to any form of
multiple entry activity or other abuse, either as described above or by way of other
mechanisms, the Promoter reserves the right to include additional fields on the
Promotion entry page. Such added fields will only require entrants to provide
verification information that they are obliged to retain under these Terms & Conditions
to claim any Prize.
10. Entry to this Promotion after paying for a purchase on Zavvi.com using Visa Checkout:
a) For the First Entry: After a Visa Checkout Payment has been made by an Entrant
on Zavvi.com they will receive a “Thank you” email from Zavvi.com. The email
will contain a link to the Promotion landing page. The Entrant should use this
link to be directed to the landing page.
Once directed to the Promotion landing page the Entrant should provide the
following information on the Promotion landing page:
Email address; and
Confirmation that the Entrant has accepted these Terms and Conditions
Once the entrant has submitted these details their referred to above Visa
Checkout Payment will constitute an Entry into this Promotion.
b) For Subsequent Entries: Once the Entrant has opted in into the Promotion by
filling their details into the Promotion landing page as detailed above, any
subsequent Visa Checkout Purchases by that Entrant will automatically
constitute an entry to the Promotion.
For the avoidance of doubt, a Visa Checkout Payment will only constitute an Entry into
the Promotion after the Entrant has opted into the Promotion by filling in the relevant
details on the Promotion landing page.
Timing of eligible entries will be based upon the time of receipt by the Promoter.
For Prize fulfilment purposes, the Promoter will communicate with entrants via the
email address (and where necessary, the telephone number) used to enter the
12. There is one FIFA World Cup 2018 prize (the “Prize”). The Prize includes:
Program Inclusions (2 persons)
International flights to/from Russia
Deluxe accommodations with daily breakfast for 4 nights
FIFA Cat 1 Match ticket (England vs Belgium, on June 26th) with Pre‐Match hospitality
All scheduled ground transportation.
13. The following are not included in the Prize and winners will be responsible for:
Local transfers in the UK to and from departure airport.
Providing valid passports or travel visas.
Ensuring that visa requirements are met, organised or paid for.
Ensuring that health (including immunizations if required) and travel requirements are met
Travel or medical insurance. Travel insurance for winner and guest must be arranged before
Hotel incidentals (e.g. phone, minibar, laundry etc)
Any applicable taxes.
13a. If you do not have your Fan ID approved by the FIFA World Cup 2018 Authorities you will not be
allowed entry to the stadium; these Prize’s do not allow you to bypass this rule within the FIFA World
Cup 2018. It is winners’ responsibility to ensure they receive a FAN ID, Visa will supply only the entry
D. PRIZE DRAW SCHEDULE
14. The Prize will be awarded at the end of the Promotion Period. The draw date will be on
30th April 2018(“Draw Date”).
E. PRIZE CLAIM
15. One winner of the Prize will be drawn at random from the pool of valid entries to the
Promotion at the end of the Promotion Period using a secure, independently verified
computer‐based programme under independent supervision (the “Draw”) on the Draw
16. The Winners will be notified (“Notification”) of their potential win (subject to
verification) by the Promoter within 48 hours of them being selected in accordance with
clause 14 and 15. Potential winners will require a valid email address, phone number and
be a UK resident. Entrants who have not won will not receive notification that they have
not won. The Winners will be notified by phone call and an email.
17. The winner must claim their Prize by responding to the Notification Email within 7 days
of receipt from the time that it is sent by the Promoter.
18. The winner will be required to complete an online claim form.
19. Incomplete entries, those entries that cannot be substantiated or those that are not in
accordance with these Terms and Conditions are invalid and will be disqualified from the
Promotion. If a winner is disqualified or found to be ineligible for any other reason the
Promoter may selected a substitute winner in accordance with the procedure detailed in
clauses 15 and 16.
20. The Prize will be awarded (subject to verification and these Terms and Conditions) to the
person who validly enters this Promotion under these Terms and Conditions, receives
the Notification Email, accepts the Prize, and completes and returns an online claim
form. No other individual is eligible to claim the Prize nor can the Prize be transferred to
a third party.
F. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
21. So far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and Zavvi, and their associated companies
and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from:
a) any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion;
b) any changes to, supply of (including, without limitation, the Prize which does not
reach the intended recipient), cancellation of, or use of the Prize
c) any act or default by a Winner (including, without limitation, missed flights and
transfers, which results in the Winner being unable to activate the Prize and/ or any
elements of it)
22. The Promoter and Zavvi will not be held liable to any participant for any fraud
committed by any third party, the performance of any contractual or other obligations of
any third parties associated with the Prize nor for any events beyond its control.
23. The Promoter and Zavvi accepts no responsibility for entries not received, not delivered,
incomplete, indecipherable, or not in accordance with the entry instructions. No
responsibility will be accepted for any entries that are delayed or that are unable to be
sent due to lack of network coverage, operator error, or for any other reasons beyond its
control. Promoter must receive an entry for it to be valid – proof of sending entries will
not constitute deemed entry.
24. Nothing in these Terms in any way limit the Promoter (or any other person or
organisation’s) liability for (i) fraud, or (ii) death or personal injury caused by its own
25. Entrants to the Promotion hereby represent and warrant that each Entry they submit to
the Promotion complies with these Terms and Conditions, and (a) does not include
trademarks, logos, or copyright protected material which belongs to third parties
without permission from the owner (including, but not limited to, company names,
music, photographs, motion picture or television programme clips or audio tracks, works
of art, or images published on or in websites, television, movies, or other media); (b) is
not subject to any third party agreements, and the Promotor will not be required to pay
or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of its use (as set out in these Terms)
or the exploitation of the idea or video or rights therein; (c) does not defame,
misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks or any other content which could
adversely affect the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promotor or any other
individuals and/or entities, the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion
of the Promotor; (d) does not contain pornographic or sexual content, hateful or content
of any kind (including racism, sexism, etc.), Content which promotes violence or harm to
another living creature or any other offensive, obscene or inappropriate content, the
determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of the Promotor; (e) does not
include threats of any kind or that intimidate, harass, or bully anyone, or invade the
privacy of any person, the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of
the Promotor; (f) does not violate any applicable laws or include any content that would
encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offence; (g) does not feature, refer to, or
mention any brands competing with Visa; and (h) does not contain any known virus,
trojan horse, worm, trapdoor or similar software that may in any way infect or affect any
of Visa's hardware or software systems. The Promotor reserves the right to
reject/disqualify any entries that fail to comply with this clause.
26. The entrants’ card issuer’s and any merchant’s standard terms, conditions, fees and
charges will apply to the use of Visa Checkout during the Promotional Period. The
Promoter is not responsible for any of these terms, conditions, fees or charges.
27. The Promoter's decision is final in all matters relating to the Promotion.
28. The Promoter reserves (in its sole discretion and so far as is legally permissible) the right
to verify, using all reasonable means available to it, whether an entrant is eligible and/or
whether a winning entry is valid and/or if there has been an eligible Visa Checkout
Payment. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms
and Conditions or of the spirit of the Promotion, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion,
refuse to accept an entry and, if necessary, re‐allocate any Prizes won in accordance with
these Terms and Conditions. To avoid disappointment the Promoter recommends that
all winners keep copies of their claim form and proof of entry.
29. The Prize winners, by accepting their Prize, consent to the Promoter (in its sole
discretion) publishing their names, counties, statements made by or attributed to them
in relation to the Prize or Promotion on the www.visa.co.uk website and on Twitter,
@VisaUK, Instagram Visa (GB) on Facebook Visa (GB) and in any print, point of sale or
other public relations materials related to the Promotion. The Promoter may require
Prize winners to provide this consent in writing to the Promoter prior to receiving their
30. Names and Counties of the winners may be obtained by sending a self‐addressed
stamped envelope to Zavvi Visa Checkout FIFIA World Cup 2018, Parkway House, 26
Avenue Road, Bournemouth, BH2 5SL.
31. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate or temporarily suspend this Promotion in
the event of technical or other difficulties that might compromise its integrity but will
always endeavour to minimise the effect on entrants.
32. In the event of unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control, and where
circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to modify these
Terms and Conditions prior to the Closing Date.
33. In administering this Promotion, the Promoter may collect personal information from
entrants. The Promoter will only use entrants' information for the purpose of the
any preferences expressed by entrants during the Promotion entry process. Please see
at http://www.visaeurope.com/en/site_services/privacy.aspx for more details.
Entrants have the right to access, withdraw, and correct their personal data, and to
oppose the collection or processing of it. They may request such action by contacting
Promoter at email@example.com.
34. Whenever an entrant submits any information to the Promoter, please be aware that
the Promoter may store and process of this information in different countries from
where the entrant resides, including in the US. Please note that these countries may
have different laws and requirements about privacy and data use than where the
entrant is resident. If the Promoter processes or transfers any personal information of an
entrant outside the European Economic Area, the Promoter will do so in full compliance
with EU data privacy laws.
35. Entrants can tick the opt in box within the Promotion landing page thereby choosing to
opt in to receive marketing, promotional and offer emails from the Promoter. By ticking
this box, entrants agree to allow the Promoter to retain their details for this purpose
beyond the Promotional Period. Entrants can unsubscribe from receiving these
communications at any time via the unsubscribe functionality found in any marketing
communications received. This will not affect their right to be entered into this main
36. If entrants select the opt‐in feature to receive marketing communications from the
Promoter when making an entry, omission to opt‐in again when making a subsequent
entry does not represent a valid request to opt‐out of receiving those communications;
entrants who wish to opt‐out having previously opted‐in at the time of an earlier entry
must follow the instructions on the website or any further communications to opt‐out of
receiving those communications.
37. The Promotion, these Terms and Conditions, and any matter arising out of or in
connection with them are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to
the exclusive jurisdiction of these courts.
© Copyright Visa Europe 2018. All rights reserved.