An innovative and richly deserved cult sensation, Namco Bandai’s inimitable Dark Souls is coming to PC towards the end of this month in the form of the “Prepare to Die” Edition. In addition to the fantastic core game that console gamers have been raving about for the best part of a year, this edition also features a raft of new physical and in-game extras, listed
below. At the very bottom of the page is a brand new trailer, which debuted at Gamescom in Germany this week…
The Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition will include both physical in box content and all the new features of the ‘Artorias of the Abyss’ add-on game content; an additional challenging adventure for stalwart heroes to face as they return to the deadly world of Lordran. Players will experience an as yet untold chapter in Dark Souls lore set in the dying kingdom of magic known as Oolacile. Unwillingly taken by the abyss and sent back in time, the player becomes the only one who can save Oolacile from the spreading darkness that threatens to engulf the kingdom and all of its people.
In-Box, Physical Content:
- A stunning 150 page Art Book (featuring art from the new Artorias of the Abyss game content)
- Original Soundtrack CD
- DVD containing the complete behind the scenes video series
New in Game Content:
- Sprawling New Maps and Environments: Including Oolacile Township, Oolacile Sancutuary, Royal Wood and more
- New Bosses: Including Black Dragon, Sanctuary Guardian, and more.
- PVP Online Matchmaking System: Quick matching for players to play co-op or player vs. player.
- New Enemies: Including Wooden scarecrows, Chained Prisoner, Stone Knight and more.
- New NPCs: Including Hawkeye Gough, Elizabeth (keeper of the sanctuary) and more.
- An Arsenal of new Weapons and Armor: Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs
This edition will include an online match-making feature for co-op or player vs. player gameplay, allowing gamers to showcase their skills against other Dark Souls players around the world.
To read our review of the original console edition of Dark Souls, click here.
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition is currently due for release on the PC on Friday, August 24th 2012. Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 versions are set to follow later in the year.
Watch the brand new Gamescom trailer for Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition below: